ANTI HARASSMENT POLICY
South Texas Gamer's Expo is committed to maintaining a fun and respectful environment for all attendees. Harassment and/or discrimination against anyone in attendance at the event is strictly prohibited and incidents will be met with appropriate action.
Harassment includes offensive verbal comments (related to gender, disability, physical appearance, race, religion, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation), sexual images in public spaces, deliberate intimidation, stalking, following, harassing photography or recording, sustained disruption of talks or other events, inappropriate physical contact, and unwelcome sexual attention.
Please do not hesitate to report an incident to event staff or a uniformed security or police officer. We want to ensure that all of our attendees feel safe and comfortable while attending the event and we cannot offer our assistance if an incident is not reported to us, or reported to us after the event. The sooner you can report the incident the better, so we can gather information and act quickly. Please offer a good description, and remember, report any incident as soon as possible.
Reports will be responded to immediately. If an attendee engages in harassing behavior, South Texas Gamer's Expo staff may take any action deemed necessary, including warning the offender, expulsion from the event without refund, or contacting the appropriate authorities.
1. Pictures and video taken by South Texas Gamer's Expo official photographers and videographers during the event are the property of South Texas Conventions LLC and may be used by South Texas Conventions LLC for advertising and promotion of future events.
2. When photographing attendees, vendors or anyone else in attendance at the event please ask permission first.
3. Do not obstruct walkways, entrances or exits when photographing/recording.
1. South Texas Gamer's Expo is a family friendly event. Costumes deemed lewd, obscene or offensive by South Texas Gamer's Expo or McAllen Convention Center staff will not be permitted into the event.
- Women: Your costume must cover, at least as much as a typical swim suit would. Buttocks must be completely covered.
- Men: Your costume must cover, at least as much as a typical pair of swim trunks. Morph suits and other skin tight outfits require appropriate undergarments.
2. Costumes displaying profanity or any symbol that can be characterized as a hate symbol will not be allowed into the event. You will be asked ONCE to remove the offending symbol, and then removed from the event if not found compliant.
3. Functional weapons of any kind are not permitted.Simulated weapons must be non-firing and have a brightly colored cap. Approved materials for prop weapons are: foam, rubber, cardboard, plastic, and papier-mâché. Metal weapons are not permitted. This includes metal swords, blades, bats, knives, saws, scissors etc.
5. Pyrotechnics and projectiles are not allowed.
6. Any weapons purchased at South Texas Gamer's Expo such as pocket knives, swords, replica weapons etc. that would otherwise be prohibited by the weapons policy must remain secure in the original packaging while on McAllen Convention Center property.
7. All prop weapons at the event are subject to the approval of South Texas Gamer's Expo and McAllen Convention Center staff.
8. Some form of footwear is required, bare feet will not be permitted while on the expo floor for your safety.
9. Please be considerate of other attendees and be aware of your surroundings. Disruptive or inappropriate conduct will not be tolerated.