1. South Texas Gamer's Expo is a family friendly event. Costumes deemed lewd, obscene or offensive by South Texas Gamer's Expo or McAllen Convention Center staff will not be permitted into the event.
- Women: Your costume must cover, at least as much as a typical swim suit would. Buttocks must be completely covered.
- Men: Your costume must cover, at least as much as a typical pair of swim trunks. Morph suits and other skin tight outfits require appropriate undergarments.
2. Costumes displaying profanity or any symbol that can be characterized as a hate symbol will not be allowed into the event. You will be asked ONCE to remove the offending symbol, and then removed from the event if not found compliant.
3. Functional weapons of any kind are not permitted.Simulated weapons must be non-firing and have a brightly colored cap. Approved materials for prop weapons are: foam, rubber, cardboard, plastic, and papier-mâché. Metal weapons are not permitted. This includes metal swords, blades, bats, knives, saws, scissors etc.
5. Pyrotechnics and projectiles are not allowed.
6. Any weapons purchased at South Texas Gamer's Expo such as pocket knives, swords, replica weapons etc. that would otherwise be prohibited by the weapons policy must remain secure in the original packaging while on McAllen Convention Center property.
7. All prop weapons at the event are subject to the approval of South Texas Gamer's Expo and McAllen Convention Center staff.
8. Some form of footwear is required, bare feet will not be permitted while on the expo floor for your safety.
9. Please be considerate of other attendees and be aware of your surroundings. Disruptive or inappropriate conduct will not be tolerated.